ABOUT FOX STUDIO LOT
The Fox Lot, known historically as Movietone City, is the first complete facility built specifically for the production of motion pictures.
The studio opened with a great deal of fanfare in October of 1928, as it was often called "a small
city'' in which each of the buildings constructed between 1928 and 1932 had a role in the production of films, from the ornate administration buildings and "soundproof" stages to the most functional support facilities and residences. Built in just under four months, Fox Film Corporation's principal studio was considered, "the newest, largest, and most completely equipped plant for the production of motion pictures in the world."
Currently in use at the studio are over 2 million square feet of production support and headquarter facilities for Fox administration, production personnel, stages, theaters, dressing rooms, and editing bays.